We are now enrolling for the 2020-2021 Sunday School Year!
Our Sunday School is organized around activities and experiences with only forty-five minutes of screen time once a month. We will focus on family-centered Jewish Learning experiences created by experts from the Institute for Southern Jewish Life, designed to be fun and educational for all involved.
Every month, families will receive a package of fully developed materials for activities and learning experiences related to one holiday to be featured that month and one aspect of, or approach to, Shabbat. The package will include:
- A family-oriented program/lesson for learning about and celebrating together the Jewish holiday that falls during, or will be focused upon, that month. This program/lesson will be fully developed and will require no particular knowledge or teaching skill on the part of the parent leading it.
- A family-oriented program/lesson for learning about an aspect of, or approach to, Shabbat. Again, this program/lesson will be fully developed and will require no particular knowledge or teaching skill on the part of the parent leading it.
- A challah and other supplies with which to celebrate Shabbat and the relevant holiday.
- Supplies and instructions for one or more art projects.
- The lyrics to several relevant songs and links to assist with learning them.
- Suggestions for Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World) service projects that can be done as a family (either at home or socially-distanced).
One weekend each month the teachers of the school will provide online support for the family learning experiences. There will be an opportunity to discuss issues and ask questions related to Shabbat and that month’s holiday, and teachers will be available to support programs/lessons of the month, provide guidance for art projects, lead songs and engage in other group activities.
For families that desire Hebrew lessons, additional arrangements can be made for weekly, bi-weekly or monthly virtual sessions.
Sunday School tuition and fees (with Hebrew lessons if desired) is offered free of charge to Congregation Kol Halev Members who pay the full recommended dues of $1200 annually. Resources for Bar/Bat Mitzvah training are also provided for all family members. For more information about becoming a member, click here.
For non-member families, $80/month tuition plus a $20/month supply fee covers your entire family. This rate does not include optional Hebrew lessons. Tickets to High Holidays are available at half-price to Sunday School families.
Discount of $150 will be applied to tuition or membership for every family you refer who enrolls in the Sunday School.
To join Congregation Kol Halev as a family member with Sunday School included, fill out the following form (scroll down to the next form if you want to pay for Sunday School without joining the Congregation).
To pay for Sunday School without joining Congregation Kol Halev, fill out this form:
Sunday, August 30 at 4pm: Opening Ceremonies/Open House
September Theme: High Holidays
Rosh Hashanah 9/18-20
Yom Kippur 9/27-8
- Thursday 9/10: Box Distribution
- Sunday 9/13 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
October Theme: Sukkot
- Thursday 10/1: Box Distribution
- Sunday 10/4 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
November Theme: Simchat Torah
Simchat Torah 10/10-11
- Thursday 11/5: Box Distribution
- Sunday 11/8 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
December Theme: Chanukah
- Thursday 12/3: Box Distribution
- Sunday 12/6 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
January Theme: Tu B’Shevat
Tu B’Shevat 1/27-28
- Thursday 1/21: Box Distribution
- Sunday 1/24 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
February Theme: Purim
- Thursday 2/18: Box Distribution
- Sunday 2/21 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
March Theme: Passover
- Friday 3/4: Box Distribution
- Sunday 3/7 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
April Theme: Lag B’Omer
Lag B’Omer 4/29-30
- Thursday 4/8: Box Distribution
- Sunday 4/11 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
May Theme: Shavuot
Shavuot May 16-18
- Thursday 5/13: Box Distribution
- Sunday 5/16 at 4pm: Virtual Meeting
For more information, email Sherry Blum